Tropical Storm Danny is around the corner – expected to become a hurricane by Friday!
To prepare your family and home for a hurricane, you should take the following measures:
- Build an emergency food and medicine kit.
- Learn the elevation level of your property and whether the land is flood-prone.
- Learn community hurricane evacuation routes.
- Cover all of your home’s windows with storm shutters.
- Be sure trees and shrubs around your home are well trimmed so they are more wind resistant.
- Clear loose and clogged rain gutters and downspouts.
- Bring in all outdoor furniture, decorations, garbage cans and anything else that is not tied down.
- Ensure generator function for emergencies.